Thursday, June 22, 2017

Advertisement Research - In Class Assignment #12

Photo credit: Willy Vanderperre

This photo taken by Willy Vanderperre is for the 2017 Dior Ad Campaign. I have a love/hate relationship with Dior's ad campaigns, particularly their fragrance commercials. They are always captivating images, however, I never quite feel they are showcasing the clothing (or fragrance) they are attempting to sell. I personally love the angle of this photo, it gives the model (who appears to be a famous rapper...so sayeth the article attached to this image) a confident, and regal appearance. I, also, agree with the monochromatic color choice. Colorizing the image would have most likely confused the product focus even more. What I disagree with is the placement of the brand name. This particular image is to show of this impressive jacket, and perhaps the sunglasses as well... The jacket is masked by the brand name. Maybe I would have had the letters running vertically to the right of the model. It would also work hand in hand with the pin stipe on the jacket. I also believe the sunglasses are a missed opportunity.... Reflection in them of the brand name.... Could have been cool. Perhaps overdone, but cool nonetheless. The last thing I do not agree with is the white washing of the background - there is the faint building showing, and they completely over exposed the area. There is so much black and white in this image, I feel the buildings should show, and add a grey element into the picture, allowing depth.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment