Tuesday, June 6, 2017

PROJECT #3 - Motion - Imagination




Imagination
Motion Project


I wanted to experiment with light motion photography. I find that type of photography that has a still figure (or subject) with a swish of ethereal light eye catching. I placed my camera on “S” (Shutter speed setting) with the following camera settings – WB: S APERTURE: F25 SHUTTER SPEED: 1/1.3 ISO:  100.  The sun had just set (behind me and to the right), the sky was overcast, and I was surrounded by green leaves. I set a timer, and when I heard the shutter “click” and then I moved an LED flashlight in my right hand. I adjusted the levels of the picture, to bring out the color and light. I also used a filter to reduce as much of the surrounding noise as physically possible. Finally, I cropped the picture to center the focus. I found this picture to be curious or imaginative in mood. I took this photo right outside of my house; off of my patio. I took a handful of pictures before I obtained the picture where I was in focus, and the swirl of light was most eye catching. I was trying to use the rule of thirds, catching the swirl of light in the left two cross sections of the image. I also was attempting to use the compositional element of dominant eye.  The strongest part of this image I feel is the reflective light in my eyes and on the palm of my hand.  I feel, that once again, the weakest part of this image is the NOISE. I think I am going to start going full manual mode, and be able to adjust the ISO.  I am learning so much about how to use my camera, and wear my mistakes are, with possible methods to improve them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment